COVID-19 update | May 2020
Following the government guidelines on COVID-19 which came into play on May 13th 2020, I just want to update you all on Our Parks' position.
At this time we will not be returning to deliver outdoor exercise classes until further notice, as although people can now go outside more than once a day for exercise as long as they're following social distancing guidelines, alone, with members of their household, or with one person from outside of their household, they must still only exercise in groups of no more than two people, unless they're exercising with their household.
In line with government guidelines it is not safe to return to group exercise classes in parks/openspaces but we will continue to monitor guidelines for when we can return.
Below is just a refresh of what was announced for more clarity:
- From 13th May 2020, people are allowed to spend more time outdoors
- They will be able to go to parks and beaches to sunbathe, have a picnic and go fishing
- Outdoor sports courts can reopen, including tennis and basketball courts as well as golf courses
- People will also be able to see one person from another household, as long as they follow social distance guidance
- This follows scientific advice that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside
- All of the new regulations are subject to social distancing rules
Hope this all makes sense and we are doing our best to create more opportunities during this testing time.
#Staysafe and #TurnUpToneUp